Finally I have fully recovered from being sick for 6 days with high temperature reaching about 38.5 C. Last Sunday on my Batam trip I had felt unwell now and then, after getting back to Singapore, I rushed to the closest 24-hour clinic to my habitate to see the doctor.
The doctor looks still a bit young and somewhat unexperienced, it could be judged from his words in our conversations. He was not asking for clues like where I felt unwell, the pattern, instead...
Doctor : Are you a student?
Me : Nope.
Doctor : Are you working then?
Me : Shake my head. (Don't want to answer already, I am too tired and it is totally unrelated to my purpose to visit you).
Doctor : Ohhh... so meanwhile you're looking for a job?
Me : ??? I am having fever and felling cold.
Doctor : Say 'arrggh..' (While checking my throat.)
Oh... it is a kind of viral infection. You would feel very painful on your throat tomorrow but it would be better aftermath.
Me : No. (Maybe I am too kay poh). I got throat infection frequently. Normally the doctor would prescribe me amoxycillin.
Doctor : Oh...okay...if amoxycillin works well for you then I would prescribe it for you.
After eating amoxy, I didn't feel anyway better. Normally I would not get any fever again after consuming amoxy for 2 days. So I rushed off to another clinic nearby, bringing together all the medicines prescribed by that above mentioned lousy doctor.
After examining me and checking the prescribed medicines, the doctor said that maybe those medicines don't fit my case, so asked me to quit from taking them any longer. This time he prescribed me with stronger anitibiotic called Ciproxicillin. Through this web I got to know that it will bring many side effects likes nausea, lightheaded, etc. I told you that I vomitted very badly in the morning after taking this medicine one night before. Having headache for 2 days. Dear hubby took 1 and a half days' leave to take care of Der and let me have a good rest.
Another medicine issue is regarding Der's cases. Last time when Q brought Der to see PD, PD prescribed him Zyrtec. Der was becoming sleepless, breathing very hardly at nite that I could even hear his breathing distance away from my room. Der was sleeping alone in his room at that time. Accordingly I did a search through this web again and realised the side effects of taking this medicine. Zyrtec might not be fit to Der. I stopped him from taking it anymore. Later on he slepts quite soundly. I am too kay poh, seeing that he kept running nose again, I tried Zyrtec again then. He experienced interruptable sleeping sessions at night. I realised that probably I had made a big mistake. I did't dare to give it a try another time, so I used Actifed instead. That is the only runny nose medicine good for Der.
Side track of this issue, I would like to thank Biow to provide such a usefull link from her blog. If she didn't offer such informative links in her blog perhaps I would never know all useful info of those medicines. Nowadays as young parent, we really can't rely on the doctor too much.
Wednesday, November 30, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
are u sure it's me who offer the webmd link? i dun remember.. serious! wah.. so many ppl sick these days.. must be bugs in the air.. amoxillin also din't work on my DH.
Yes, I am quite sure. I would not thank to the wrong person. :D You can go back to your blog and see under Wenn's Dec 04 calendar. You stated what happened on the first day of preggy, yeah...something like that. But then I saw the headlines on the left side Drugs and Herbs.
hee.. yeah.. after i posted then i remembered!! pea brain these days!!
Post a Comment