Derick always ask us to read some interesting books for him. When he wants to fall asleep or get bored, whatever... almost every single hour.
Once upon a time he was having a nightmare, suddenly he woke up and murmured, " Miffy" (referring to his Miffy Books here). I gave him one of the Miffy books, but he asked for Poppy book as well. Then I told him, Poppy book was in the library. Sadly he started to cry. Failed to comfort him in many ways, finally I wrapped him in his favourite sarong which I used to carry him during his baby time.
Another day when he just woke up from a short nap, he cried and uttered, "Didn't go to the library." He remembered that we hadn't brought him to the library on that specific Sunday. Unfortunately I told him in the morning that we would be going to the library, but later on, we didn't make it to go there, since we were too tired already at that time. Then Q told him, "We went to the library while you were still sleeping soundly." Luckily it stopped Derick from crying any longer.
I was always wondering whether his favourite books got any relationship with what I was doing everyday on conceiving Der. I loved to read some type of books very much at that time. I tasted a variety of books ranging from parenting topic to the thick novels by Sidney Sheldon.
Hmm... Hope it won't make Der become a Book worm wearing a pair of thick glasses later.
Der have owned many books now, I think the amount should reach about 20+, my house will soon turn into a library filled with all kinds of books for a pre-schooler. :)
Wednesday, November 09, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment