Friday, October 07, 2005

God Blessed Us !

I have been off line for a week. Are you waiting for me to share my great stories? Actually I have typed such a long chapter a few days ago, but when I wanted to do posting suddenly the damned blogger site was down. Now, I still have 30 minutes to go before I start to fix dinner.

Ok, let’s begin.

24 September 2005

That day we walked into the travel agent in town for enquiring of air ticket to Bali. We were planning to spend our Children's Day holiday at Bali resort. Unfortunately the tourist officer told us that all direct flights from Singapore to Bali had been fully booked. So we only have one option if we still insist on going there, which was via the indirect route Singapore-Jakarta-Bali. That way we have to transit at Jakarta airport for about 1.5 hours, no stopover was allowed also. We were considering that it would become such a tiring journey with Derick if we need to go that way. Actually what we desired to do was to utilize the stop-over period to let Derick meet his cousins in Jakarta, but the fact was no stop-over allowed.

Shockingly, one week later we heard from the news that Bali was under bombing again. Wow... God bless us, it was so lucky that we were not there.

Early December 2004

We signed a travelling package to spend our Christmas' holiday in Krabi. A few days later, the tourist officer called me to inform that the hotel we booked had been fully occupied. She indicated that we had an alternative option to get some possible vacancies, however we have to top up another $500.00 to make the deal. At that moment the accountant mommy hit the calculator buttons..., hmmm, it appears not a good bargin at all. Then I told Q, we'd better cancel that trip, which would be much more expensive than the off-peak's bugget. Accordingly I called up the lady officer to cancel our booking and let her refund the payment to us.

A few days later, I made another booking to visit Bintan resort instead.

26 December 2004

One big thing occured that day, TSUNAMI DISASTER. One of my ex-classmates was killed by that disaster, together with her husband, son(toddler) and daughter (baby) in Aceh, very sad affair.

27 December 2004

As scheduled we still head to Bintan resort by ferry in the afternoon. We were having much fun there in that trip, enjoying the lovely beach, white sands, cool breeze and blue sea.

I am contemplating that how we have been blessed. Thank you Lord! It has been twice that we escaped from the places where the disasters occured. BLESSING...

I'd like to share more experiences of myself in the next few days. :-) The title would be GOD BLESSED ME. STAY TUNED!

No comments: