Eventhough Der can differentiate colors since he was 2 years old, but till date Der is still unable to tell me all the colors he saw accurately. He can only tell me from the white, black and yellow color correctly. For the others, like blue, red and green he would always tell me wrongly. But not color blind I think, because that Der indeed can differentiate colors since Der is able to do those color matching games without mistake.
Furthermore, if Der feel painful, he would always say "Yang" (means : itchy). Eventough we had tried to correct him for many times, eventually he still insisted on saying "Yang" for painful. Once Der feel itchy due to mosquito bite, he would say somewhat differently "Yang...itching" and sometimes he might also sing the phonics song "Indian itching i...i.... " while scratching his skin.
He loves numbers. When Der was approaching 2 years old, he always asked me to read the numbers printed on the floor of car park. Everyday when I was bringing him back home from a stroll, I would hold his hands and read for him every group of numbers printed on the ground one by one. Interestingly, he would repeat each and every number that I read.
So far, ard 2.7 years old, Der can count all the numbers from 1 to 20 correctly. He can also recognise which bus he need to take to the library, NTUC and so on. I ever asked him once, what number of bus did we take yesterday? He would answer me just the right one. While waiting for the bus at one bus interchange, I would ask him for some buses that we never took before. He often read it slowly.... eg. 123 he would say....one....seven...three....yao...er....san.... Then I corrected him, "No...it should be one-two-three. While waiting for the bus at some familiar bus stops, eg. bus no. 30 was approaching from far distance about 40 m, he would tell me very loudly, "Mommy....bus no. 30 is coming."
What about his phonics?
His phonics is just so-so. He loves to link everything he saw into his favorite phonics song. Once he saw an umbrella, he would always sing, "Up Umbrella....U....U....U is the sound of U."
Furthermore, if Der feel painful, he would always say "Yang" (means : itchy). Eventough we had tried to correct him for many times, eventually he still insisted on saying "Yang" for painful. Once Der feel itchy due to mosquito bite, he would say somewhat differently "Yang...itching" and sometimes he might also sing the phonics song "Indian itching i...i.... " while scratching his skin.
He loves numbers. When Der was approaching 2 years old, he always asked me to read the numbers printed on the floor of car park. Everyday when I was bringing him back home from a stroll, I would hold his hands and read for him every group of numbers printed on the ground one by one. Interestingly, he would repeat each and every number that I read.
So far, ard 2.7 years old, Der can count all the numbers from 1 to 20 correctly. He can also recognise which bus he need to take to the library, NTUC and so on. I ever asked him once, what number of bus did we take yesterday? He would answer me just the right one. While waiting for the bus at one bus interchange, I would ask him for some buses that we never took before. He often read it slowly.... eg. 123 he would say....one....seven...three....yao...er....san.... Then I corrected him, "No...it should be one-two-three. While waiting for the bus at some familiar bus stops, eg. bus no. 30 was approaching from far distance about 40 m, he would tell me very loudly, "Mommy....bus no. 30 is coming."
What about his phonics?
His phonics is just so-so. He loves to link everything he saw into his favorite phonics song. Once he saw an umbrella, he would always sing, "Up Umbrella....U....U....U is the sound of U."


No comments:
Post a Comment