Saturday, February 04, 2006

Benefit of Taking Green Bean Soup For Breastfeeding Mother

Does such a title surprise you? Got any benefits from taking that cheap soup for breasfeeding mother? Neither papaya fish soup, nor dried longan +++..... which could bring some ultimate benefit to the breastfeeding mother?

Actually I read an article from Indonesian magazine a few years ago, while I was still breastfeeding my newborn baby, it says that green bean soup could help you absorbing more nutrients from your daily meal thus pass into your breastmilk. Thereafter I started to drink G-B soup regularly, ate some green beans as well. Amazingly it really works for me.
Yeah....I would only share what I read in Indonesian as most of my readers do not read Indonesian and for those English article you are more Queen of Googler than me.

As Der reached 4 months' old, there was a time that he didn't poo for 2 days. Incidently I drank some Green Bean soup in the next morning, eventually he poo-ed in that evening. A few weeks later, he didn't poo for 2 days another time. Learnt from last experience I drank G-B soup again and it made him poo successfully also. Usually Der does not constipate for over 2 days, that is not his habit. Although I got some opinions form M4M mothers that breastfed babies might not poo for a few days, which could be normal, but if Der didn't poo for 2 days I would still worry about it.

If you are similar to me, who kept on worrying about whether your baby doesn't routinely poo every single day, you can also try G-B Soup as a remedy. Once your baby has grown to be a toddler but constipated, you can choose to feed him/her G-B soup directly. Alternatively, let them drink plum water could also help some.

No comments: