Finally I decided to let Derick have a trial session for a week at Kinderland. It is a 3 hours programme. On the first day, after observing him so happy to gather with a bunch of kids on the playground and played for 1.5 hours, I left him alone for 30 minutes in the middle. When I came back, I suddenly saw him crying out there so badly and murmuring "Mommy, mei you..." (which means : Mommy is not here). Then, I carried him back to the classroom, this time playing play-dough. With mommy standing by, he felt safe enough and even forgot to go back home when the time has come.
Arriving at home I had a conversation with him like this:
Me : Boy, Do you still want to enter the preschool tomorrow?
Der: Yes.
Me : Mommy can't accompany you all the time in the classroom. Is that OK?
Der: (Silent... Don't get the meaning of 'accompany'.)
Me : Mommy won't be there tomorrow.
Der: Mommy is not there, JY (his Chinese name) will be crying. (Showing his sad complexion that he is about to burst into tears).
On the second day, I was only watching him quietly from outside, let he sat himself in the classroom. During the course his eyes were always searching for target outside. Once he couldn't find me after a while, he would go out to look for me finally. If he still couldn't find out my trace there, he would start crying and utter the same words again & again "Mommy, mei you..."
Hmm.... Really get no idea when he could get accustomed to the preschool. Keep praying harder and harder...
Tuesday, August 30, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
how much is kinderland? got subsidy?
Kinderland near my place charged $850/term. No subsidy. I heard that Kinderland - Hougang charged $1000+/term.
Post a Comment