Friday, July 15, 2005

Quitting Study?

I had shared many things about my son. This time I want to share something about myself.

Actually I am in a deep puzzle now. As a Stay-At-Home mother, I am also on part-time course studying. I took a professional course in my line of work, which is really tough to handle. After 4 months giving birth to Derick, I carried on my studies and followed the schedule as a normal part-time student. Every time I finished the class, my breasts were fully engorged. When I indeliberately pressed them, they were very painful, since the breast pads which stick on my bra were quite full. The 3-hour class was such a long torture for my breasts, plus another 2 hours for my journey from home to the school and vice versa. Once reaching home, I would have to express the milk out to fill 150 ml milk bottle. In addition, I also had to wash all the dishes and milk bottle after while. Finally, after I took a bath and threw my numb body onto bed for a good sleep, Derick would wake up from his 2-hour sleep and ask for 1st nursing session. Succeedingly, another session has to start 3 hours after...

While looking back it seems that I have sacrificed too much to finish my studies, which is at its final stage up-to-date. But Q appeared not as supportive as before, probably due to that my exam result was not so good, despite the fact that I had tried my best. As everyone knows, such a professional course is pretty tough to pass in short term. In fact many people have failed to reach the final destination, might me the next person as well?

It is really tiring for me to continue this course, I can hardly manage to do housework, babysitting and study at the same time. I didn't have a helper, PILs, parents to offer any assistance either. Only Q could help me taking care of Derick while I am studying. He has to rush back home each time I needs to attend classes. Eventough he has rushed home, I still would be late for 25 minutes after the start of 1st session. The journey from my residence to the school cost me about one hour.

Recently Q also pushed me to look for a job. I understand that he was also under heavy burdens, but it is indeed a big challenge to manage the work, study and baby-sitting all in all simultaneously. Since I have to put it the first priority to take care of Derick above all, I think I must let one of the other 2 things go?! So, the one to be erased is...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

((hugs)).. it's really difficult to juggle.. :(

Owner of Two Apples said...

I felt better after throwing out all in my blog. Thanks for reading.