Friday, May 19, 2006

"I Don't Like You, I Beat You"

The titled word is what Derick really said to one of his teachers. Isn't it very unpolite? That teacher doesn't even dare to let us know of happenings. She only told one Chinese teacher who passed the story to me later on. The next day I promptly went to the school and apologised to that teacher for Derick's improper behavior.

Actually Der also said such rude words to me for multiple times, but I just ignored him and did not take it very seriously. This time I firmly told Der, "Words Are Not For Hurting other people, especially for your teachers who would feel very sadly if you did not respect her in a polite way."

I definitely agree that Der's verbal English has been improved quite a lot after staying in that day care center for around 3 months. However, he also learnt lots of bad habits/wrong phrases from some unknown kid players at school.

Just to highlight one of the bad habits he acquired -- Aweful sitting style while eating.
Yet another one -- Terrible grammer?! Der's recent repetitive slang: "No somebody blah blah..." Urggh... Shut-up! Who taught you such kind of bad English?

No comments: